Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our Little Christmas Tree

Last Sunday, after we attended mass at the Limketkai Atrium, we hurriedly joined some family friends & relatives of your Dad at Cagayan de Oro Gardens to commemorate their elder's death anniversary. You got to meet some new faces and inspite of being sleepy, you proved your charisma for you won their hearts over with your smiles & babbles. Oh they all love you my sweet little boy. Your Dad & I still are amazed at how you deal with people. You seem to be so wise beyond your years. There's a certain sparkle in your eye when you do something mischevous or when you are indulging someone... you seem to assure me all the time that you are in control of the situation. Hmmm, maybe it's just my imagination. But I feel deep down inside that someday in the future, I'll look back to this blog entry & say to myself, I've known it all along... I look forward to spending more time with you. Hopefully we will still be as close even when you reach your adult years. I pray too that God will grant both me & your Dad more years to enjoy your company.

Anyways, the rest of the afternoon, we went to SM to get some groceries and do some shopping. I was ecstatic to find our Christmas tree (sold on sale pa ha). Dad & I left you & Yaya at the Kids Station to purchase some decors for the tree so that we can already set it up when we reach home. Isn't Mommy so excited? You bet, little one! This is the first tree we will have. And quiet frankly, me & your Dad just talked about it a few nights ago that Christmas is a whole lot happier and more meaningful, now that we have you in our lives. Suddenly, we are finding deeper meanings & reaping joys in seeing the magic of the Yuletide season reflected in your eyes. You are trully our God-given blessing!

After dinner at Roadhouse Steak, where you sipped their pochero soup to your heart's content, we head home as it is past 8pm already. when we reached home, your Dad & I (with the help of our household staff) set up the Christmas tree, or at least part of it. We finally had to quit as it is past 10pm already yet you seemed to be so wired up still, running here & there. You seem to love the idea of seeing your own Christmas tree being set up. Maybe you're thinking along these lines..."Mom, it's great that we were finally able to bring home our own tree from the mall". I suppose you enjoyed our sight-seeing as I can see the gleam in your eye as we looked around for the "perfect" tree for our family.

Right after breakfast the following day (Nov. 12) we finished setting up the tree, with the lights, ribbons & trimmings, balls & even the angel on top. I just love the look in your eyes when we turned on all the lights in the room as well as on the tree. It's pure joy. And I just couldn't help but be thankful to Papa God once again, for giving us the gift of life & love-YOU, our precious Benedict.

P.S. I love you so much Son!

No comments: