Tuesday, April 22, 2008

your Summer Play School experience

Hello there, my little munchkin! You are not alien to a play center...as we often bring you to Wonderland for a brief play time where you get to be with kids your age, while we (Daddy and I) get to do some chores like groceries or window shopping or in my case, my fave activity is book-hunting.

But since your Daddy and I saw a play group offering a summer class in Kidy Park (still within the SM Mall), we got interested. And upon learning that the morning class (10AM to 12NN schedule) has an age range of 1-2 y/o, we have gotten more and more interested. The whole package would have cost less for the entire summer class which would last til May 16, but since we will be going to Cebu and Bora early May for a vacation, we opted to have the per-session option na lang. And taking into consideration also the fact that you, my little boy might not like it there at all...

On our first day though, I got myself a very eager little "student" in you, my Benedict. You lugged around your baby cow backpack (a pasalubong from Nana from a Cebu trip not so long ago) and refused to part with it thus we had a difficult time fitting you both in your car seat

You enjoyed your first day in school, esp. since your cousin, Ate Chloe joined you too. Both of you had fun during the free play and even participated enthusiastically in the "activities" like coloring using crayons (which you, my little tyke are familiar na...and so is Ate Chloe) and singing nursery rhymes. You also enjoyed sharing a snack with your new friends.

Except for a rowdy 3 y/o, the rest of your small class of 5 kids are quite manageable. I feel for your teacher, Jo (who also happens to be a friend of mine...we are in the same BLD class way, way back), but she is a very capable and trained teacher. She also displayed utmost patience. But I am still undecided about the fact that the 3 y/o is quite a handful and is clearly lacking in some areas of discipline. He started acting up and knocked some of the tiny Monobloc chairs. I fear that he might hurt you, my little boy.

But all in all, it was a fairly nice experience for you, as well as for your cousin, Ate Chloe. She was more participative considering that she is older and the activities are more aptly suited for her age. Both you guys were happy and grinning from ear to ear when Teacher Jo stamped your hands with a heart at the end of the session bec. you both were cooperative and well-behaved. Congrats, guys!

Oh, you, my little munchkin quickly run to where I am and proudly showed Mommy your stamp as you were told your their teacher to show it to Mommy & Daddy...and you were quick to search my hand as well...hmmm, you must have thought that I went to school too...as I was there with you the whole time...hahaha

After class, you've had more free play downstairs...still within the area, and after a while we brought you over to Ketkai na promising you both more fun rides and to meet your Ate Chloe's parents there. We left after we have had a few picture taking sessions with your Teacher Jo.

On Wednesday, we attended another session again, not with your Ate Chloe na this time as their family went home to Pagadian na on Tuesday. Same as the first day, you still had free play, followed by "coloring" activities...they taught the color "violet" and "orange" and you, my Benedict quipped "puh-ple" when he was asked by Teacher Jo what's the color of Barney...haha...I had to explain to her that at home we call it purple instead of violet And again, you got two stars...on your hands.

After the class we brought you over to your pedia for our family's routine flu vaccine which would now include you, your Daddy, me and Yaya as well. I was a bit concerned as your temp. raised a bit, maybe bec. you had a runny nose na to begin with in the morning. Hmmm, but your pedia checked you man before giving the vaccine and she found you to be fit for such. I then remember that there were some kids who were sneezing in your play group a while ago, and we think the carpeted area is not also as clean as we thought 'em to be coz in the two times we have been there...oh men! our socks are oh so gross-looking! Maybe they have not vacuumed their carpeted areas as frequently. I had to check with your pedia on what to do and when I explained that you are now sneezing frequently, in addition to the clear, runny nose...she prescribed Virlix drops coz your allergic rhinitis might get worse. Thus the decision of not making you, our little boy go back to play school was made.

In as much as we loved exposing you to play groups and other kids your age, we don't also want to compromise your health. So we're back to Wonderland na lang for now. But we are looking forward to Gymboree in Cebu in a few weeks...Maybe you will have more fun there. And we are looking forward to spend more play times with your cousins, Achi Gianne and Siote Vince. And Ninang Che's daughter Samantha also. We look forward to more swimming activities as well...

Mommy's as excited, even more so that you, I guess Benedict. I hope you will enjoy our summer vacation this year. Love you so much, tiny tike!!!

No comments: