Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ants bite???

I dunno if any of you has ever experienced this...

My Benedict have red, swollen areas in his body, particularly in his arms, ear and forehead. It's so huge, I got scared and thought a cockroach must have bitten him. I dont think it's a mosquito bite coz it's different from before.

Given that my little boy is allergic (to so many things, including dust), I was so concerned bec. he might react to the insect bite. I am so worried that I had been keeping an eye over him. Hmmm, he seems normal though...except for the scratching part...he seems to be waking up a bit more than usual to scratch the itchy areas.

We are going to his pedia tom...for our peace of mind. I dont think it's mosquito...and we moved our mattresses and cheked on all the pillows and blankets to rule out the possibility that a cockroach may have done the biting. Marlon thinks the culprit may be a teeny-weeny ant... haaay, blame me for allowing the little boy to eat biscuits in bed.

We did find a tiny little ant when hubby inspected the area, but it was dead na. Hay, i just hope it's only ant bite lang. But as always, erring on the side of caution, we will be seeing his pedia in the morning.

I feel a it sad coz we had to start Benedict on Singulair again for the whole month of May. Last Sunday he started coughing (occassionally lang nuon). I think it might be due to over-exhaustion. He was with us malling and was left in a daycare with yaya for a while. It's really difficult to leave the kid with only the nanny, no matter how well-meaning and capable she may be. And just today, he had been sneezing and showing signs of having acquired the colds. I just hope he gets better in time for our trip to Cebu.

No comments: