Saturday, July 26, 2008

Benedict's 2nd Birthday Preps

Barely a month to go before my little one turns TWO (2). How time flies!

We have long ago decided that we will be throwing him a Disney Cars-themed party as he is currently obsessed with the movie. Oh yeah, he will watch the same flick every single day without miss, sometimes even twice a day if we would allow him to. Haay! Such a big fan that his Daddy and I alternately buy him the Megabloks collection of these characters, as well as the die-cast toys. Although I have kept all the die-cast ones in the closet na. I dont like tripping over them and I think Benedict is way too young to be able to take good care of them pa. Hay, my heart goes to the Mc Queen die-cast all chipped and dented na for banging with his other die-cast collections. And they dont come cheap ha.

Anyway, I have already booked the services of Party Mascot to host my son's party. Most of items for the loot bags as well as the prizes are bought na from 168 courtesy of my SIL. Thank goodness for sisters-in-law who's really more like my own sis. (I am one of the luck ones!)

His cake will be made by Carol Cheng of Cake Studio this time around. And we have recently ordered a bunch of cupcakes and a moist choco cake from her...and most of the recommendees are right, she bakes them yummy! I am crossing my fingers that Carol will be able to execute the design that we have in mind. This is one of the stuffs I am sooo excited about.

Another thing is the custom-made race car suit I have ordered from a fellow multiply-mommy who had a Cars-themed party for his son previously. Ms. Vimz, as I call her is such an accommodating person, even suggesting a few stuffs here and there on the outfit and some recommendations on where to buy some of the stuffs for prizes. Fortunately, Disney Cars merchandise abound at 168 Mall. And I was also able to source out some stuffs at local NBS and Toy Kingdom branches. As well as in the department stores of SM, Ayala, Limketkai and Gaisano.

I still have much to accomplish as I intend to do some things myself. But its always a joy to do stuffs for my precious tiny tike. I know he is going to have a very happy birthday.

No comments: